Training of Trainers
FICSI has been assigned the task of carrying out Training of Trainers (ToT) program by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in the NSQF aligned Qualification Packs. Through this training, we try to imbibe the best practices that a trainer can employ while delivering to his audience.
The primary objective of ToT is to introduce the trainer to the skilling ecosystem and keep them up to date with the changing landscape of training in the country.
The ToT program consist of the following:
- Understand, master and develop insight on the National Occupational Standards under the QP: Trainer (MEP/Q2601).
- Identify the characteristics of exceptional trainer.
- Understand and identify different behavioural styles and adapt training as necessary.
- Develop an effective training program using appropriate aid and techniques.
- Prepare a need analysis and understand why it is necessary step in any training program.
- Master various methods for making lecture-based program active.
- Develop strategies for handling classroom disruptions.
- Overcome the pitfalls of various visual aid options and classroom seating arrangements.
- ToT for Existing Trainer:Acknowledging the experience of an existing trainer in the Indian VET system, the existing trainer/assessor would have to undergo this model of certification. This includes just the assessment and certification. (An existing trainer is the one who meets the requisite education qualification, relevant industry experience, and possess over 500 hours of training experience in the related occupation).
- ToT for New Trainer:: A new trainer/assessor would have to undergo ToT i.e. a 10-day long programme wherein applicant would be oriented and certified on domain skills as well as training delivery skills (Platform skills).
Minimum educational qualification and industry experience required to become a trainer can be found on the.
SMART portal of NSDC.- http://smart.nsdcindia.org/knowledge_bank.aspx The final decision regarding the eligibility of a candidate rests with the SSC
- The trainers need to register in NSDC Takshashila Portal and must raise request for the upcoming Training Program according to the SSC Training Calendar.
Registration Link is -https://skillindia.nsdcindia.org/direct-registration
Training Calendar Link- https://skillindia.nsdcindia.org/training-calendar
- Also, a trainer can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any information regarding ToT.